Improving patient experiences and outcomes by connecting cancer care and driving best practice.
Strategic Goals 2017 - 2020
|A Networked Cancer Care System
- Link services involved in cancer care (across all sectors including cancer centres, health services, community organisations) and work with these health services and health professionals to align priorities.
- Strengthen linkages between metropolitan and regional cancer service providers.
- Engage consumers and communities in the work of the ICS.
| High Quality Cancer Care
- Implement the Optimal Care Pathways including improvements to multidisciplinary care, supportive care and care coordination.
- Analyse available data and information of relevant clinical evidence/innovation and disseminate it to drive quality improvement.
- Support providers to apply cost-benefit considerations to care/service planning and delivery.
- Continue state-wide tumour summits to drive consistent cancer care across tumour streams.
- Continue to drive improvements in the patient experience of cancer care.
- Continue to support workforce development initiatives.
| A Research Informed Cancer Care System
- Encourage providers to participate in clinical trials programs.
- Support health services research.
- Foster robust evaluation of cancer programs, models of care and ICS initiatives.
For more information on the BSWRICS Strategic Plan 2017 - 2020 please click here.