Quality & Outcomes
Access to ECOBSW data
For research purposes, a de-identified ECOBSW Registry dataset is available on request. All requests are reviewed and approved by the ECOBSW Steering Committee prior to the release of data.
For further enquiries please contact A/Professor Margaret Rogers on (03) 4215 0463.
What type of data can be requested?
Requests can be made for aggregate, de-identified data extracts, summary ad-hoc reports and/or data linkages for appropriate research. All data requests are formally reviewed by the ECOBSW Steering Committee.
Who can request data?
Any interested parties may request data extracts and summary data reports for the purposes of academic research, clinical review, departmental planning or other investigation.
How can data be requested?
All applications must conform to the conditions set out in the ECOBSW Privacy and Access Policy. Researchers are required to seek and obtain local HREC approval for proposed research before ECOBSW can release any data for purposes outside its primary quality assurance scope.
It is best to contact ECOBSW directly before submitting a written request for data or obtaining HREC approval to ensure the project is eligible for consideration.
Process for requesting access to data -
- Interested parties should first contact A/Professor Margaret Rogers to discuss project regarding eligibility.
- Read the ECOBSW Privacy and Access Policy.
- Complete the Data Request Form.
- Submit the Data Request Form and supporting documents to A/Professor Margaret Rogers.
- ECOBSW Steering Committee will meet and review the application.
- Notification of the outcome will be sent to applicant.
Conditions of access to ECOBSW data
- Data is released with a strict caveat and conditions of use and all researchers must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Any further use of the data that extends beyond the approved original scope must be approved by the ECOBSW Steering Committee.
- Similarly, any additional requests from new researchers to collaborate on previously released ECOBSW data must be reviewed by the ECOBSW Steering Committee.
- Provision of data requests and/or analyses may incur a cost recovery fee, at the discretion of ECOBSW.
For more information please contact us.