Great South Coast Community Cancer Expo (Can-Ex)
October 19, 2019 @ 12:00 AM
Can-Ex, hosted by Deakin University, is a free one-day support and information event for people affected by cancer, their family and friends, health professionals and the wider Great South Coast community.
There will be a Q&A session on the day:
- 'Radiotherapy, chemotherapy or immunotherapy: what are they and are they provided in the Great South Coast region?
Workshops to be held include:
- The emotional impact of cancer
- Advanced Care Planning
- Look Good, Feel Better
- I am a carer, where can I find support?
- Men and cancer, who to connect with?
- What is palliative care?
- Where to start when I have cancer?
- Talking about death and dying won't kill you
There will also be a tai chi session and a 'come and try' with the South C Dragon Boats.
Visit the Can-Ex website to register, view the program or find out further information.